Sunday, June 3, 2012

One more night...

We, here at the ranch, are walking around a bit disjointed. The mood isn't quite as energized as it normally tends to be. Heck, the boy is so off kilter, he's gotten a bit delirious:



Before you inquire about our plywood and carpet runner decor, just know he was in the basement. When you have the decorating flair, you just have it...no way to teach it. **Cough cough**. Anyhoo, we're all a bit off, even more than usual. Just like a clock needs all its cogs and gears to keep time, our family needs all of its heartbeats together to feel complete. I know I talk about how the kids are at each other all the time, but they are equally as despondent when one is gone. And while I get so angry at them when they fight, my heart just swells when I see the love they really do have for each other. As a stay at home mom, I have my identity wrapped up in my children. That can be good and bad. When one is gone, I really feel a sense of loss...a hollow feeling of emptiness. Tomorrow all the heartbeats will be back under one roof. I honestly am unsure as to whether I will even sleep tonight, I'm so excited.

We just had our nightly chat with S. Because they were a bit off schedule today, they got into their rooms late which meant shorter talking time due to lights out. They have to get all packed up and ready for bed in less than a half hour's time. The report was as follows:
1. 6.2 miles of walking
2. It snowed at Mt. Vernon...it did.
3. A girl lost her iPod, but Capitol security found it and returned it to her.
4. That "Duncan Guy" was nice...our representative, John Duncan, Jr..
5. The tape on all of the doors of our school's kids, the tape to see if anyone has been out causing trouble, had been ripped off. The teacher went to hotel security to look at the films. Hardcore. Somehow I think bad things are in store for the culprits.
6. Last, but not at all least, everyone is still getting along and she has not lost her iPod.

I'm sure we have just the tip of the iceberg in terms of information. I cannot wait to hear the rest...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment