Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!!

I sure hope everyone has had lovely Father's Day today. I think my husband did. He was gently jolted from his slumber by children bearing breakfast in bed and handmade cards and gifts. Tradition in our house, disturbing for others. After breakfast and some "pile the whole family in the bed" time, we commenced to getting ready for the day.

Because of lots of reasons, I have not seen the cousins on my Dad's side of the family for several years now. Nothing bad happened, just life. It has been a source of great sadness and failure for me and one that I hoped to rectify. Today I was able to get my wish. We saw my cousin John and his wife, two boys and a friend today. The kids got along so well and had a great time. The boy was in Heaven getting to play with all those big boys. It was funny to see how much he looked like his cousins, amazing. My heart was happy to have new cousins for the kids to play with and restored relationship with my cousin.

We are now home, the kids are in bed readying for VBS and Iam blogging and snoozing. The hub is playing the boy's DS and waiting for some sort of decent program. All is well....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment