Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blueberries, burn and buttermilk

It has been a blur of a day. The boy woke up at 8am, which was shocking, and was dressed and whisked away with a Cliff bar breakfast to the Fruit and Berry Patch. We had not been picking this summer and a bounty of blueberries are out there to be put into some bellies. I skipped picking all last summer....just a but gun shy. For those not aware of my infinite stupidity, I will condense the story down and explain it in full another time. Granddaughter of a WVA farm girl knew better but went berry picking in Chaco sandals, unknowingly got bitten, developed fast growing infection and wound up in hospital for 4 nights. So, last summer I bought the berries in the grocery store. We picked blueberries, got fresh apple cherry slushes and felt like we accomplished something.

We then battled the heat in the best way we knew: we went to the pool. For a long time. Of course I didn't spread the sunscreen as perfectly as I thought, so the boy has pinked up shoulders and a very pink nose. I feel horrible, but the blue goo has been applied and he is slumbering deeply. He drank half the pool, so I wouldn't be surprised if he floats away in his sleep.

In between swimming and sleep, we trekked out in the record setting heat...again not too bright on my part. As a reward the boy scored some Lemon Buttermilk ice cream from Cruze Farms and I picked up some of their wonderful buttermilk for post camp pancakes when the girls get home.

All in all a lovely, scorching day. On a different note, please pray for my pregnant friend who found out the sex of her baby today. There are some issues to be further investigated. With a scary past history, she needs prayers for peace of mind and the baby needs prayers for health and safety. Thanks, my dear three readers. You are the best!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment