Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm kind of tired

Today was day one of VBS at our church. Day one is usually mass chaos or at least quite a bit of chaos. Being the crazy snack lady, I am right in the middle of the fray getting allergy lists, classroom counts from my kitchen workers, among other things. I love to work in the kitchen and it is a popular place, but it is absolutely exhausting.

After VBS, we had to make a mad dash to swim lessons where we saw the strangest haircut on a kid that I have ever seen. I wish I could describe it, but I am at a loss. Kind of a sideways mullet, well no. Like one of those entertainer people who dresses half as a woman and half as a man, with the hair to match. Really short in one side and really long on the other....but on a sixth grader. Wha? That was a hard one to explain the boy, along with a lot of "Don't say that out loud...wait until we get in the car!". Still trying to wrap my head around that 'do.

I have been in a cleaning frenzy this afternoon. We have a kitchen designer coming tomorrow to sketch out our kitchen and give us some ideas. I'm a little intimidated by what he will think of our already torn up kitchen. Oh well. Too late now. If you are sitting in your kitchen listening to your scanner and a call comes up about a designer passing out in a kitchen from sheer shock and exhaustion, hopefully there won't be a spectacle going on over at our house. But I'm not feeling too confident.

Let's rest up and get ready to make rice krispie sushi rolls tomorrow. I know you're impressed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment