Friday, November 11, 2016

Veteran's Day

Today at the boy's school, we had the treat of watching a Veteran's Day program. The children sand "You're a Grand Old Flag" and "This Land Is Your Land", before which the music teacher said a wonderful bit about unity of the parties and remembering that Veteran's Day was about those who protected that land for all of us. It was lovely. I always get choked up at those events, seeing the veterans from the different branches of the military get recognized in front of the children. It is important for them to see these people and hear their stories. I am grateful for all of my relatives who served...even my great aunt was a Yeoman in the Navy. Girl power!

I'm going to go get changed into comfortable clothes. I get to help chaperone middle school night tonight at church which means I will be hiding in some dark corner of the building in hopes of scaring the crud out of someone. Good times.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment