Saturday, November 21, 2015

End of an era

Our beloved coach, Frank Beamer, had his last home game at Lane Stadium in Blacksburg, VA today. While I would have loved to be there, it was much more important for the hub, my dad and the boy to be there. As a right of passage in this house, in the year you turn 8, you get to attend your first VaTech game. We figured at that age one would be able to understand the rudiments of the game, be able to control their behavior and bladder(even though some of the grown ups there can't) and generally enjoy the experience as a whole. The hub was great about sending me pictures throughout the day and even sent video of the stadium jumping it out to Metallica. It was bittersweet for sure to see Frank run in with his boys for the last time. On days like this, I am prouder than ever to be a Virginia Tech graduate who had the privilege to see Coach Beamer on the sidelines and in every day life. He was as gracious in the grocery store as he was in the stadium. He is a pillar of the university and I am so very grateful for his example and influence. I am also so grateful that all of my children were able to see him coach in person.

Thank you, Frank Beamer. You are loved and appreciated by so many.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment