Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Born in the wrong time...

I have been playing my ukulele a ffair amount these days. Doesn't make me very good, but I am certainly expanding my repertoire. I don't think there is much call for 43 year old woman ukulele strummers who play REO Speedwagon, Ronnie Milsap and Elvis in the privacy of their living room, but who knows. So I decided to expand my playlist to include some from one of my very favorite singers of all time. He had passed before I was born, but I've heard his music all my life and have always felt warm and fuzzy when I heard his voice. I don't know much about Algebra either, but I do know that I love Sam Cooke. So in between practicing with G for her singing engagement, I have been wearing the children out with "Wonderful World" and "Bring it on home to me". Luckily they have been good sports and have taken a break from 1D and Shawn Mendez and Adele to hear some from the man who made their music careers possible. I'm glad they enjoy the music and it thrills me to hear them humming their songs while doing homework or drawing a picture.

So if you hear of anyone in need for a ukulele playing housewife, let me know. I'll have to make a business card.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment