Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tooth drama

The exciting stuff always happens at soccer practice. That should be the name of a book...or a pamphlet maybe. It does, though. As my 3 regular readers know by now, we are at the soccer fields four days a week: three for practice and one for games. Our friend Coach Sean often jokes that the hub and I have a trailer in the woods near the fields. Anyhoo, our frequency at the fields is not the focus but rather the frequency of interesting things.

G has had a loose tooth for a good month. The way it became loose is a story in itself(trying to bite a lid off a water bottle), but that is for another day. That poor thing has been hanging on for a long time. We've all been waiting for that thing to let loose. It has survived apples and ice and chewy Easter candy and gum. Nothing. I guess tonight's filled pita pocket started the tooth on its death march. I looked out on the field to see the hub looking in her mouth in an intense way...and a frustrated way also. Next thing she arrives in front of me looking like vampire from a fresh draining. For someone so tough, she did not take my attempts at extraction well. After both of us were beyond frustrated and covered with blood, I sent her out and hoped she would get grazed by a ball that would knock that last little root loose. That's bad, I know. At the next to last water break my friend grabbed her, told her to open her mouth and jerked it out. In the words of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "There was much rejoicing!". The tooth was impressive...roots five feet long. Not really, but long. Thus ends another non soccer focused soccer practice for the week.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment