Sunday, April 22, 2012

Avoiding doing productive things

Today has been rather blah on the scale of excitement for Sundays. The hub is with his Dad's side of the family, laying to rest his Uncle Jim. I hate that the kids and I could not go with him, but the TCAPS are this week. Unless one of the kids is half dead from losing a limb or in danger of starting a widespread epidemic, they'd better be at their desk and ready for some serious test taking. This is part of their grade and will determine what classes S takes in middle school. No pressure there. I could do a whole post on standardized testing....meh.

After the craziness of yesterday, we needed a sloths day. The kids were blue in their Dad's absence, so they watched The Smurfs movie. I did little things around the house, read a little, broke up arguments and drew weird pictures on the iPad Paint app. For some reason I have been drawing musicians that I like. Clearly I am not an artist. My middle school art teacher made that more than clear. An still I continue to draw. Weird things. All the time. I won't show all of them today. I want to keep my three readers. Here is #1:



Who knew Jimi Hendrix had such a long neck? That's why he wore lots of scarves...yeah right.

Have a good one, everybody. Early to bed for me as I will be a chaperone for the 2nd grade field trip tomorrow. Woo hoo!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment