Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Questioning

I have not had a good day. At all. I have decided that I am seriously considering ridding my life of social networking. On FB, Twitter, texts and emails one cannot detect tone. With 600 friends or 2500 followers, how can you tell if someone's status is directed at someone in particular. I tweeted a quote, directed at no one, that I read in a crappy book which gave me much food for thought...that and my friend and I play a game on Twitter where we rapid fire quotes back and forth to each other. We do it until one of us hesitates. Anyway, my quote was taken personally which makes me feel awful. I can't stand to have someone mad at me. Ruins everything. So, my friend Maryellen is making a very good case for getting rid of all of it. I still have to email for work and use texts to talk to people when in meetings. But my lesson has been learned, and painfully so.

This is one of those days where I want to curl up under a blanket with my kids, lock the doors and never communicate with the outside world again. I just need that. Pray for all parties involved.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment