Monday, April 30, 2012

Gonna brag...just for a second

It has been a busy, yet not very bloggable, day. I have had no fun filled trips to any pizza eateries, no strange encounters with people even weirder than I. I am very tired, yet again, so it is definitely effecting my ability(such as it is)to write. Last week were the always stressful TCAPS, so this week is a nice change for sure. As a fifth grader, S had to take a writing assessment that was an early part of the TCAP process. It is given a rating of 1-6, with six being the best. There had been many practices and many tears shed for what she thought had been good attempts that were not received well.

After weeks of waiting, the results came back. She got in the car beaming, after receiving a.....6! She worked her bony little rear end off for that. I am so proud of the hard work she put in to earn that. And now I can take a wee little sigh of relief.

Not too much longer and elementary school will be in the books for her. I can't think about that just yet...I don't need sad tears tonight. Just savoring the happy tears from seeing that sweet little beaming face.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. WOW! A 6! She must have really have put in a great effort. I think a bit of crowing is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she has a great example to follow for reading in you!

    ReplyDelete