Friday, April 27, 2012

Ice cream sammitches!!!

Today was almost calm, which is scary to say. I don't want to invite any excitement. There's been enough here for a while.

As a TCAP treat, several moms have brought a special snack to S's class after lunch every day this week. Because I am my Mother's daughter, I cannot look at this task as anything but a challenge to my culinary prowess and creativity. While I am quite positive that a pack of Combos and juice box would suffice, I can't help but what I can do to wow the kids. Because of the unfortunate events of the week, no baked goods or pastry bags were used. No mixers were fired up. No precise measurements were made. I did make a long-time family favorite: ice cream sammitches. Okay, that's what I call them. Why? Because I can. Take the ice cream in the square box, cut slabs of it off and cut rounds out with a biscuit cutter. Take the round and put it between cookies. Roll the ice cream edge in chocolate chips or crushed candy. They are always a hit.

The kids enjoyed them and I was glad I made S proud. At her age, they are starting the process of being embarrassed by their parents...I didn't want that to happen today. We then took her home...she was not in any state to be making up tests this afternoon. Grace came home as well since the afternoon was likely to consist of watching movies and playing on the playground. We had a nice, laid back afternoon consisting of "Good Burger", playing outside and learning new songs on the recorder. I know, we're pretty wild like that.

We'll pray soccer Saturday holds no excitement other than a couple of wins. Report to follow tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Ya know you are missing some of my best material on FB right now. Hope S is feeling better.

    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure! I almost texted the other day to see how you were. Sorry I'm missing it! She is feeling better...still headachy and woozy. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete