Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sunday's comin'!

What a beautiful day we had on a glorious Easter weekend! My poor husband continues to suffer with back pain, so I love him even more for running the roads with us all morning. The kids went to a Kids Workshop at Home Depot and then we looked for supplies to start a much anticipated garden. This was the boy's first outing since his surgery, so he was excited but worn out (even though he didn't admit it). After naps and prep for a certain hoppy mammal to come, we dyed eggs:


The neighbor's dog has a hard time calming down when anyone is in our backyard, which gets tiring quickly, so Cosby found the ugliest part of our yard for me to snap a pic. This is what she thought of the incessant barking:



I'd rather sit next to the A/C unit too, Cos. she was scoping out the future location of the Cook gardens. We must support the boy's tomato habit, so the garden is necessary.

Tonight we talked about the Easter story, listened to Ray Boltz's "Watch the Lamb" and talked about the things we were thankful for during this time. We also put treats out for the Bunny. They felt like he might like salad this year, after all the chocolate eggs and regular eggs.



I am so excited to go to church tomorrow. The excitement that comes with Easter morning...the music, praising, the return of the Son of God. I am so humbled by His sacrifice and His love for a lowly sinner like me. I can only hope that I show his love through every action I make. "Lo in the grave He lay, Jesus my savior. Waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord....". It is still Saturday....but Sunday's comin'!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment