Monday, April 9, 2012

It almost happened

It almost happened today. I don't want to build it up too much, but it almost happened today. Not since Charlaine Harris's last offering have I been able to get involved in a book. I have friends who are book snobs, though they do not realize it. Never would they read something something so sophomoric, so....easy. My degree included an English element, so I read quite a bit and quite a variety. Shakespeare to Burgess to McCullers to White to Smith to Dahl. Not too shabby. This true that if the book doesn't hook me quickly, it will take forever to read it. Why is this an issue? Ummmm, have you met my children? Great people, but hard to tune out. Today was almost a breakthrough. Because of the lovely thing known as peer pressure, I downloaded and have been trying to read "The Hunger Games". I borrowed the books at one time and read the first paragraph of the first lok at least 25 times. Today with the children playing happily in the backyard, and in between loads of laundry, I got to chapter 3. I know...miracles do happen. Let's hope I can keep this forward momentum and finish it before the movie is out of the theatres. We'll try...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment