Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Almost done...

When I was in elementary school, I had a problem. I had HORRIBLE handwriting. We didn't have A's and B's, we had 1-4. Fours were the worst. I got 3's and 4's in handwriting. That didn't make the 'rents too happy to say the least. Being a former schoolteacher, Mom tried everything to help me improve. Nada. Luckily for me, I had an Art teacher who was a well known artist in the area. She did and still does beautiful works, my favorites being watercolors with beautiful calligraphy written in them. She offered a calligraphy elective in my fifth grade year and my grades were saved. I enjoyed the class and, whatdayaknow? My handwriting improved. I went on to take other classes from her throughout my school years.

Fast forward to now, I am finishing up my portion of the wedding invitations for one of my favorite people. It is hard work, but I love to be able to share this skill with others. I don't necessarily love the handcramps, but I like to make brides happy. It is hard to believe that someone with such a crappy handwriting history is now doing invitations for weddings. I only wish I could be as good as my teacher, but that will never happen...ever. I am so proud I was able to study under her. What a gift. Here is one of my favorites of hers:



Maybe one day I'll find my gift in life. Haven't yet and that is a great source of annoyance. It will come sometime. I hope.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment