Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tomorrow's the day

Well after a jam packed day of Easter prep and cupcake store openings, the boy is down and resting before his surgery tomorrow. Adenoidectomy is kind of a creepy word, but I know it is a routine and easy procedure. This is the first time any of my children have been put under, ever, so I am a bit on the nervous tummy needing Immodium side. He is ready, except for the possibility of a shot, and I hope he is three sheets to the wind before that happens. He certainly soaked up the pre procedure attention from his beloved dentist, and one of his favorite radio morning show personalities, his teachers and various relatives. I bought him a cupcake and the grand opening of a new shop, bought him a new superhero shirt and split lunch with him. Not too shabby, I thought. His favorite part of the whole day was "meeting Kim Hansard from the radio" and getting to talk to her. As we walked down the sidewalk, he kept saying, "I can't believe Kim from the radio talked to me!" and proceeded to tell everyone who passed us on the way back to the car. After all that excitement, this is how I found him:



We had a pre-nap reading of "Curious George Goes to the Hospital", which introduced him to the idea that there might be a shot involved. I thought about switching to "Curious George Gets a Job", but a monkey getting high on ether might be hard to explain away.

The afternoon consisted of haircuts for myself and G. Sadly, I did not get a shot of it, but Candace worked her magic as usual. This was the aftermath of just G's cut:



Some of it you can't even see. It filled up her dustpan with a handle thing. She feels about 100% better and ten pounds lighter. I do as well...just wish people could notice the pound loss.

Say a little prayer, if you don't mind, for the cute little spectacled guy who is having his adenoids taken tomorrow. He's had a tough road the last several years. While this is a minor surgery, it is a major deal for him. Hopefully he'll get to know what really feeling good is like. When that happens....watch out!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What have you been up to lately? Are you working out & taking zumba, or something? You look so slim!

    Keeping F (&B's back) in my prayers. Also for some peace for Mom during recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only that was me! That is the girl who cuts their hair. I wish I looked like her!

    ReplyDelete