Tuesday, April 17, 2012

There's always something

Tonight was soccer practice and a gloomy one at that. The threat of rain loomed in the sky and the remnants of the last shower were on top of the grass. The boy was running around with his Nerf football and windbreaker. The girls were ready to tear it up as players in the battle of the Eagles versus the Dynamite. Practice started normally. Coach Sean was running around in his hat and bare feet. Coach Brian was teaching the subs ball handling skills. All was running smoothly until....screams. I look up from my iPad to find this scenario and have seconds to move:



The fountain grass shapes are actually the automatic sprinkler system activating early. Kids were screaming with glee...parents were grabbing their soccer chairs and books and running for non-sprinklered ground. In all of the time we've been going to those fields, that has never happened. This was an exciting change to the usual pace of Tuesday night soccer. Then, G slips and falls, clonking her kneecap on the metal bar on the goal. Ouch. She had a pretty good bruise starting. We'll hope that is all that comes of it.

On an unrelated note, I got a new stylus today and have been playing around with it on my paint app. Here are the requests from my children and their soccer friends:









New offerings will appear as I hone my skills. Bear with me....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment