Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday day

It has been a run of the mill day. Not much to speak of, really. It has been a labor of love to keep the boy still and inside. He is so determined to not be held down, when he got still he started to fade. I still think those things being jerked out are the start of a whole new definition of good for him.

Because of surgery boy, we were unable to attend the past two nights of services for Holy Week. The weight of this day hangs heavy like a sack of mulch on my shoulder. That may sound stupid, but here is my reason for that comparison. A bag of mulch is not what I want to have on my back, it stinks, it is dirty. It sticks with me all day...even after I'm done mulching. It is heavy and I am sore after mulching. But, it also causes me to remember that on THIS day, He had a load he did not wish to bear on his back...but he did. It was heavy, he needed help carrying it and he was much more than sore afterward. So I can complain and sound hollow, but it the mulching helps me remember the sacrifice he made without one complaint. Me? Not so much.

I will end with a. Rare moment of stillness for the boy. I'm so blessed to have a husband who is such a good father. What a blessing he is!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment