Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tired and ready for bed

It has been a busy and exhausting week. Today was no different. It wasn't bad, by any means, just exhausting. I needed to turn our house back into a dwelling rather than a future site for an A&E documentary. Lucky for me, we had a birthday party to attend later on in the afternoon, so I used that as motivation for the children to clean up. I wrapped presents and did laundry and broke up a few fights. I helped be a reader and commentor for S's essay. I am out of editing practice, but since it is her paper, I don't have to worry about it.

The kids are in bed and I am ready myself. This giving up something for Lent is testing me this evening. Saturdays are usually our ice cream night....and I could really use some. Just a bit with huge chunks of peanut butter in it. I'm a simple girl. Oh well...these Lenten sacrifices teach us things. Even if they seem like the dumbest of choices. Time to go chug a lug a little milk and go to bed. I know...I'm crazy like that.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment