Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I do have other children

Unlike the touted "Summer of George", I promise this is not the "Spring of the boy". It is his birthday week, even though I am not one who celebrates a whole birthday week...although 40 is coming up. Choke. I do have more pics of the boy this week simply because he is the only one who will semi-pose for anything. Today we decided to let G knock an item off her bucket list, so we ventured out to get our horseback riding on. After finding a somewhat shady "Dude Ranch" that kind of misrepresented itself online, we quickly fled for fear of severe bodily harm on a less than supervised trail ride. We wound up at a deer, fish, zoo and stable place. Here the kids were allowed to start off slow and ride a pony around to get a feel for the whole process. Under supervision, parents/guardians led their children around on the ponies for three laps. I took the girls around and the hub took the boy. The pictures of the girls are on the super duper camera, but I managed to snap one of the boy with my phone:



He and Baby Doll had a good ride, lovely rapport and a sweet goodbye. This satisfied the riding bug for a little while.

All in all this has proven to be a very animal centric break, which is fine with me. A zoo trip, safari trip and pony ride. What more could we ask for on these gorgeous days? Welllll....a big Bomb Pop from the creepy ice cream van rounded it off nicely. Or at least the boy thought so....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You are earning some serious parent points. Animal anything was my favorite type of activity when I was a kid.

    Is the Knoxville Zoo still a nice zoo? I visited it a few times back in '93. I loved it, especially the recently remodeled primate area. Though I did feel bad for the cougar, it was kept in a small (to my eyes), tall cage that overlooked the much large enclosures for the hyenas & lions.

    ReplyDelete