Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ode to a sainted ENT

After the nose smashing Sunday, we were sent to see an ENT who would give us the final word on S's schnoz. The boy came with us, partially because we had no babysitter and partially because we wanted him to become comfortable with the doc(who he'd be seeing on the 26th). We were surprised to hear that her nose was fractured. The ER doc had seen nothing, so we were not expecting this news. The good news is that there is not a surgery in her future. If we can keep a soccer ball off of her face, we'll be good. The nose is weakened and will not weather a blow to the face too well. Sooooo....a catchers's mask may be in her future if she gets put in goal.

I guess it pays to have a selectively big mouth sometimes, because I said to the doc, "Guess we'll see you in a few weeks with the boy and his adenoids.". The doctor, who is now my new hero, felt it was ridiculous for us to make the trip back over. So, he had us fill out some quick paperwork and he checked the boy up and down. Adenoids are coming out and earwax is getting cleaned out....all in April. If wouldn't have been grossly inappropriate, I would have hugged that man's neck. What a kind and gracious gesture on his part to save us a trip!

Pray for all of us as we work up to the day of the surgery. I know this is a routine 30 minute procedure that he does every Tuesday and Thursday, but it the first time I have ever had a child be put under for anything. I feel completely at peace about this being done. He cannot go on with multiple rounds of antibiotics that do nothing. We just have to pray this does the trick!

On a completely unrelated note, we saw Puss in Boots last night. So darn cute. I was antsy, so I messed with my paint app and did this:



I know. Be jealous of my mad drawing skills. Have a good one...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment