Sunday, March 11, 2012

Buy these things...before they take over and kill us all

For the past several weeks, I have been taking a Parenting with Love and Logic class at church. The hub and I took it several years ago and enjoyed it. This time around, I'm taking it for work related inservice credits...it can be helpful with students as well. Because of my weirdo brain, I'm a better listener when my hands are busy. I know the other people in class thought I was the rudest person on the planet. It pays to be friends with the teacher, I guess. Being a sewing hack, I take ideas I see in books and try to make them into my own creations. According to the numbers of books I find, sock animals are currently the "thing" in 2012. Who knows? Most of what I make was taught to me by my Granny and requires more work than the socks do. Learning how to make them was an exercise in love and patience for her. I'm not the easiest student. She sewed bunnies and bears and angels(oh my)for years and had quite the customer base. I've had about three faithful customers through the years who I have dealt with on a regular basis to supply their baby shower gift fix and the like. With the exception of the Dogwood Arts Festival in the park one year, I have not had great luck with setting up "booths" to sell my wares. Consignment sales and the like have also proved fruitless. Luckily, the parking lots outside of the venues I am using prove to be the most lucrative. I know I will never get rich off of these things, but I need to at least cover my costs. Is this a sad ploy for business? Am I really turning into a sad puppet, begging for bunny money outside craft sales with my 31 bag and my sad face? No. I need to get rid of these things because they are starting to creep me out.



I find little piles of them all over the house. They are becoming the newest Tribbles in my life. Cute enough? Yes. Squishy enough? Yes. But their cute little blank faces leave me no clue as to their plans.

I'm going to bed. Clearly the time change has implications that reach even farther than I realized. Creepy.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Quantos dineros, my friend? Those are really cute and I could use some as baby gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People have bought them for $10 or the little ones for $8. That is the most awkward part of sewing things. Pricing is so uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd LOVE to have a few for my basement "The Roswell Alien Bar"..if you have some alien green ones?

    Adrienne (friend of Denise Turrentine)
    shebat3@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will look and see what I have. If I don't have any, I am sure I can make some for you!

    ReplyDelete