Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Beyond my understanding

Two children lost their mother yesterday. One was just really starting to understand what a Mother's role is...feeding, clothing, loving...the one who hugs you and tells you how pretty you are and kisses your knee when you fall down. The other just entering the world, a mere day old. Too young to know how much a mom means, but old enough to know her voice and smell and warmth having been so intimately connected for months. A medical issue took this mom from from her children in a very unexpected and cruel way. As a mother myself, I cannot begin to wrap my mind around the thought of being a parent of two and suddenly having my spouse taken from me during one of the happiest times of my existence. My heart is shattered for this man as he must now navigate life as a widowed father of two, dealing with his own grief and the confusion of one who is young but aware of change...and the absolute dependence on another so small. The weight of responsibility to care for both and make sure they grow up knowing who their mother was...who his wife was. Again, times like these force me to pray and think harder. I just have to believe God's heart is broken for this family. It is truly the only way I can begin to understand this kind of tragedy.

I ask for people to pray, think about and send positive and healing thoughts to this family. My heart is broken for them....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment