Friday, March 2, 2012

Stormy weather....

Today has been an up and down and up and down....and up....and down in the basement kind of day. Tornados and hail and terrible storms have blown through since about noon and just ending. The girls had to go into turtle drill mode at school. I know that it was the safest place for them to be, but as a mother, it kills me not to have them with me. G is so terribly storm phobic, so I always worry about her state of mind when she's away from us. God bless her teacher who was so caring during her time of fear.

Once the girls got home, they got homework done just in time to make the trip down to the basement. Our neighbors soon followed as they do not have any interior areas to keep safe during storms of this intensity. The kids played Scrabble and the adults watched the news team call the storm. The question was brought up as to whether meteorologists think of these times as their super bowl...their "show". I am sure they must be exhausted. After the warning was lifted, we all went our separate ways and I ventured with my cousin to the private 50% off sale at the Picky Chick. There was a sense of desperation in our shopping, especially since we were timing storms...again. The hub kept us supplied with updates, so we skedaddled when the warning was activated again. I got home to a panicked G, while the other two were relatively calm. The neighbors came again, this time with their sweet dog, and another Scrabble game commenced. G fretted the whole time until we finally found her like this:



She had taken all she could and finally succumbed to exhaustion brought on by sheer terror. Once the warning was lifted, the neighbors returned to their home and everybody went to bed. I pray that my parents will be spared from too much craziness as the storm is barreling towards them.

On a completely unrelated note, my heart goes out to an childhood friend who lost her sweet mother. She was always so kind to me and my heart is heavy for her husband and three children. Prayers for their sweet family.

Hopefully tomorrow will be much more calm on all fronts. I'm sure it will be appreciated by all....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment