Thursday, March 29, 2012

I need an ice cream IV...STAT

After sitting with my friends at the soccer field, battling hummingbird-sized mosquitoes, I want to relax. But I can't really. I am addressing wedding invitations for a friend of mine, a responsibility I take very seriously. This is mostly because I don't want to be "that girl who screwed the happiest day of her life up" when she talks about her wedding story to her kids. In addition, I am trying to get chores done ahead of time and preparations made for the girls to be taken care of when the boy has his surgery next week. In the back of my mind, I have the preschool family, the hub's uncle in Hospice care and the boy's surgery occupying a large chunk of space. As sad as it is to admit, all I want at this time is a bowl of ice cream. I gave sweets up for Lent, so that is a major no go. After the sad news of the past few days, I feel awfully rude and ridiculous to be craving a bowl of ice cream. For all you Bloom County lovers, I feel like the Basselope wanting a Pop Tart.






I ask for prayers for my husband's uncle as he enters in to the final stage of his life with the assistance of Hospice care. Cancer is a cruel thing in so many ways. We just pray that he will be comfortable and not suffer.

We are so blessed and I forget that often. I pray I will do a better job at counting my blessing every day.

Enough of my lecture...taking a melatonin and going to saw some logs.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment