Friday, March 30, 2012

Tick, tick, tick....

I have sweet children...really sweet. Not just personality wise, but also they taste great to bugs. G must be like the equivalent of mosquito and tick crack, because they go for her first. The boy comes in a very close second. The house we live in is older but has a nice big backyard. Lots of trees and shrubs live in the backyard, along with many critters. These critters follow the same pattern:



That poor child came home from school today with ticks on her head...even playground ticks find her very attractive. Having enough hair for three adults, she took all the picking and pulling and tweezing and alcohol-ing with grace and composure, just letting out a sigh and asking us to "Get on with it please". The boy's hair was freshly shorn, so no comb was needed to check his head. Just rubbing a hand over like a gambling lucky charm was good enough. S is very vulnerable to the power of suggestion, so she was convinced she had a head full. After trekking through her long locks, we determined the ticks had decided to leave her alone.

I hope this won't keep you from visiting. We have a lovely yard and neighorhood. Just bring your bug spray of choice, a comb and tweezers. We'll enjoy a frosty beverage of your choice and go through each other's hair like apes. Good times.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. There IS something about some kids that apparently makes them uber delicious to bugs. I remember, as a kid, if I stayed near my eldest sister bugs ignored me to go for her. Of my twin nieces, the elder is bug crack. They go for her when she is just going from the car to the house. Do they just hang around waiting for her? My sister buys this sunscreen/insect repellent combo stuff by the gallon.

    I will certainly keep B's uncle, the grieving family, and F in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete