Thursday, February 16, 2012

Whew!

Today has been a decent day. Got the boy and his vegetable soup onions to school. I picked up ingredients for Sarah's 4H demonstration. I had a first in my life today. My brother took me for my first lunch of Ethiopian food. I had never had lamb and I was unsure, but my brother had eaten there several times. When they brought it out, it looked like this:



I honestly wasn't sure what to think. It resembled some things that I had picked up with paper towels after the dog was shoved outside. Since you eat it with your hands, Mike had to show me the process. I thought, what the hey, and got brave. Oh. My. Goodness. I will have dreams about the yumminess of that lunch. So simple, yet so filling. I am grateful to my brother for broadening my horizons, as always. Afterwards, we went to the cemetery to place flowers on our Granny's grave. She and my brother shared a birthday...and a very special bond. Each Valentine's Day since her death, he places flowers on her grave. Due to circumstances, he couldn't go on their VDay birthday, so we went together. It was precious, bittersweet time spent together but I am grateful for it.

After exchanging freezer meals with my meal group, we went home to allow the evening madness to begin. Poor B is still at work, even as I write this, so strange things always happen. Oh well, nothing new. I took a picture of the boy's eye two days post injury:



Not huge, but still painful looking. Awful cute! As much as I hate to think about it, I must go and start entering items for Picky Chick. Beat me now. I love the salebut hate the process. Oh well....the extra money is nice.

Have a good evening....



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment