Thursday, February 2, 2012

The trouble with tribbles, er, my creepy creatures

I'll admit it, I'm a geek. I was raised on Star Trek. My brother and I used to have the McDonald's happy meal toys from when Star Trek: The Motion Picture came out...and we went to see the first showing in the theatre at midnight. I was young enough to not make it all the way through, but I woke up to see a bald Rachel Ward. The things I remember....honestly. We watched all the original episodes on VHS. I will say I am not so crazy that I would organize episodes by stardate rather that air date like an acquaintance did. We just set our phasers to stun because we werecool like that. I just like that era of television. One of my personal favorites was "The Trouble With Tribbles".



They brought a couple of these little tribbles onto the Enterprise...so cute they were. And then they started multiplying...and multiplying...and multiplying. Open a door? Tribbles. Open a storage hatch...tribbles. These sock creatures have become my tribbles. Socks multiply while simultaneously losing their mates in our house. I have a drawer full of single socks just looking for a purpose. These weird creatures have become their purpose, but they are taking over our house. That being said, I must introduce you to "DinoBunny". Here is the front view:



Here is the side view of Mr. DB:



Notice the side view of his spikes. And here is Mr. DB's spikey back:



Why make "DinoBunny"? Because I could. And I love him. Have a good night...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad1

No comments:

Post a Comment