Saturday, February 11, 2012

Highs and lows

Tonight was the Father Daughter dance at church...Sarah and Brian's eighth dance together...Grace and Brian's fifth. I got some flack for not attending our school's Winter Wonderland dance. Besides already having plans and having sick children, this particular dance is more important to the whole family. For the record, my husband is not a dancer or a fan of crowds or loud music with crowds. But, God bless him, he realizes that it isn't about the dance or all that stuff. It is about the time spent, the memories made. The fact that he took time out of a very stressful and busy weekend to dress up and take his daughters to an event that is not anywhere near his comfort zone, well, that means the world to all of his girls. My phone camera was acting up, but I did get a picture of the girls together. They posed themselves this way for some odd reason:



They look so pretty and strangely posed. Oh well. They had a good time. The boy and I went bowling with some of the other moms and sons who had daddys and daughters at the dance. The boy was hyped up, to say the least. He did get into his bowling:



Darn...a split! He had a great time with his buddies and was sufficiently worn out.

On our way home, I received two texts with the news of Whitney Houston's passing. What a sad end to such a gifted woman. I'll admit it, "I wanna dance with somebody" and "I get so emotional" are my go to songs when mowing the lawn. They set a good walking pace. I hope she has found peace from the demons that drugs gave her. Her rendition of "Do you hear what I hear" has rarely seen an equal. Godspeed, Whitney. I prefer to remember you like this:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment