Monday, February 13, 2012

Can't wait to taste again

Today started off with a blanket of guilt being unjustly laid on me by someone close to me. I do know that I need to steel myself and realize that I have thin skin. I accept that without reserve. Not that I want to be upset every morning, but boy was I productive! Anger got me hoppin and boppin this am for sure. The hubby is having to burn the midnight oil every night this week, so I am trying to scramble when I have some energy. Going through life as a mouth breather right now is limiting some activity...well, the meds for the mouth breathing ailment limit my activity for they make me loopy and possibly embarrassing in public. But I caught up on laundry, got all teacher gifts done, sewed three creatures, got breakfast prepped for tomorrow, got Valentine's Day goodies prepared...not too shabby.

My question for the night is one that I have discussed on here a lot, but I really hope people will respond whether you know me or not: What do you think makes a bully? Is it a lack of confidence and happiness in life? Is it overconfidence and lack of understanding of those lacking? Is it a lack of empathy? I am so curious as to what people think. My heart breaks for my child, but mine also breaks for the bully. The child seems so sad...all the time. I just want to ask them if they need a hug. Of course I wouldn't because you can't do that randomly these days. Any comments would be welcome. I know my three readers get sick of me talking about this, but it is a struggle every day. I need this situation covered in prayer and positivity, because I am about tapped out on ideas.

Night all...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right, that its different for different kids. I think for the kids I remember bullying me in Elem., I think they felt the need to have power over someone. Or make someone hurt because they hurt.
    But the main guy that bullied me in high school, I think he did it to get more attention, to be seen as a big man by his peers. In my HS, the most popular kids were smart & jocks & involved in many activities - super kids. The dumb jocks or the nerds(like me) weren't popular, but we had our small groups of friends and everything was okay. But my bullies were the kids that weren't smart, weren't jocks, but weren't into smoking & drugs(those kids were their own little group on the fringe). These guys didn't seem to fit in, so they hung with each other and looked for kids to bully, to get attention & feel I'm better than you.
    I just don't get how your girls' school isn't stamping this out. Darn it! Your beautiful girls deserve better! My sister says your daughter's teacher or principal should give your daughter some kind of great privilege (like a special lunch or choosing the announcements readers) & once it's known she has this privilege, let her choose someone to join her in the special thing. She can choose girls on the edge of the bullies, they don't really participate, but they don't stand up for her or stand with her. Your girls are wonderful girls & any child that spends one-on-one time with them should not be able to treat them so badly.
    There are bully-proof school programs out there available to schools, if they just ask & then cooperate with the program. I'll keep praying for your girls & for the mean girls too. Don't these girls like Taylor Swift? Don't they know Taylor's song "Mean"?

    ReplyDelete