Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm spent

Today has been the most emotionally draining day I have experienced in a long time. Highs and lows...but mostly lows. I will say with great pride, my girls have graduated from the speech and language program at school. They have endured a lot: teasing from others because they couldn't be understood, being pulled from class for extra work, homework and drills in the summer. They have handled it all with finesse and strength and have been guided by the kindest speech therapist we could ask for them. Tears were shed at our last meeting, but we knew it was time for them to be released. I am so terribly proud of both of them and their beautiful speaking voices.

I am also proud of the integrity they possess. The bravery they show in the face of adversity or tough situations. I don't know how the husband I were so blessed, but we are blessed indeed. We do not deserve these children.

I ask for prayers in the coming days and months for situations involving the children. They are being exposed to such difficult situations involving friends and classmates. I can only pray that they can be a port in the storm for some of these broken friends. The things these poor kids deal with....I thank God every day for a wonderful husband, healthy children and a stable home. I can't ever take those things for granted.

After sitting through our Ash Wednesday service at church, I started thinking about the Lenten season as I always do. I just have to believe this: during all this crap and worry and upset when I feel so alone and ready to shake my fists at the sky and throw my Bible in the trash and wonder why on earth God would let these things happen, my children show me such an act of pure grace and forgiveness and love that it literally brings me to my knees. That is when I know He has it all worked out. That it was worked out for me a long time ago. I can't speak for anyone else....just for me. Thank you S and G and F for bringing me to my knees. God, as always, your timing is perfect. I am thankful beyond words....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment