Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Like weasels ripping my flesh

With the winter comes dry skin and with dry skin comes itchy times. My son, my precious son, decided to be kind and "scratch", and I use the term loosely, my back. He found a comb to use, because he always has to have a prop. I really question whether or not he had spent time with a file sharpening the thing in a corner somewhere. I can't say for sure until the hubby comes home, but I think there was a mini blood letting. I know, I know...beggars can't be choosers.

Day one of GS cookie delivery complete. None consumed by me, so that is a victory. This was all done at the boy's expense, who was neglected in the nap department....much to his delight. Had a discussion with someone about the ongoing situation with the girl and received less than helpful information. I have been called several terms..."helicopter parent" and "long suffering" and "martyr-esque". So, I will try not to mention this ordeal anymore. I just want people to understand that I can't go into the wild west, guns a-blazin', burning bridges in the name of my child. Unfortunately for this situation, I have two others who will be going through the public school system as well and cannot have their future be hell. I cannot throw my oldest under the bus in order to preserve the future of the siblings. It is a horrible conundrum that I have yet to figure out. But I will say that the suggestion given to me today of "You need to buy the book the Highly Sensitive Child and read it so maybe you can fix your child" was not the answer anyone should have given me. My child does not need fixing. She is a tender hearted, great kid.

With that being said, I am going to prepare for another NEW episode of Modern Family. I cannot wait. Night all....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero, & such a good role model for your kids. There is no way I could stop myself from slapping all the idiots you come in contact with.

    ReplyDelete