Monday, October 5, 2015

Sock animal insanity

For whatever reason, I am back in the sock animal game.  Why, I do not know.  Nobody buys them anyway.  There is something comforting to me about a soft squishy creature made out of a sock and stuffed with something that is the polyester equivalent of a cloud.  I have recently learned of a way to stitch their bodies to look like their hands are in their pockets.  Kind of funny...to me.  I got a lot of strange looks from people on the soccer field as I was giving my child a hard time and sewing a gray and yellow striped creature at the same time.  "Why is she sewing at soccer practice?'.  Well, why did the lady who sat with us at Wednesday Night church supper knit while we ate?  Multitasking, people. Multitasking.  Granted, she was making a prayer shawl that someone requested and I was cutting up a rejected sock from the bargain bin.  Oh well.  I actually found a steampunk sock monkey on Pinterest that I am going to have to make.  Weird kinds of oiled brass looking buttons were on sale at Hobby Lobby today and so they will work perfectly.  

Well, that's all I've got.  Going to shuffle the poor hub off to bed.  He has to leave the house by 5:30 in the AM tomorrow.  He's one tired puppy.  If you have a few minutes, say a prayer or two for him this week.  It's a doozy for him.  Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment