Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Brassy frustration

In a week or two, the handbell choir is going to have a special program on a Sunday afternoon. We hope to entertain AND raise some money to buy another octave of chimes, the big and low ones, for the choir to use. I was asked to perform a two ringer piece, my partner being the choir director. Gulp. She is wonderful. I always get extra anxious working with someone who "does music", as a friend said, for a living and has a genuine gift. So when we decided to practice for the first time today, I felt the real need to reapply my Secret and pray I didn't yell out a profane word in the midst of my frustration. Our ELL classes(or ESL as it is sometimes called) meet from like 9:30 to 11:30 and I prayed they would not understand what I was saying if I let a word slip. Luckily we didn't have to find that out. I did do some clanging of brass and violently mouthing unkind terms under my breath. It ended better than it started, thank goodness. I hope it will only continue to improve.

I am a tired puppy. The hub is already sawing some logs. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment