Thursday, May 1, 2014

TCAPped out

My children, well two of them, got into the car today completely done. Glue for brains from filling in bubbles and being extra quiet for long periods of time. They were at each others' throats immediately, so I took them to the farmer's market to get a treat and then home to run around until they dropped. The boy is collateral damage in the crossfire of test weary sisters. Next week they will have to watch out.

Today I had lunch with the boy at his request. As I have discussed before, it always confuses me when he asks me to lunch and then won't talk to me. He and his friend T sat, making silly faces at each other, and looked at me like I had a tentacle growing out of my ear. I watched them silently eat their peanut butter sandwiches until a little girl behind me said, "Hey. Is your name Rita? You look like a Rita." After I told her I was a "Jenny", she gave me the side eye and said to her friend, "I think she's a Rita...she just is confused." Maybe. It would not be the first time for me. So for now, "Rita" is going to bed. Night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment