Saturday, May 3, 2014

Dollywood or Dollywouldn't

We traveled to the Wood of Dolly, leaving the hub to convalesce after a week of craziness. A kind friend gave us some free passes and we traveled to the park for some Smoky Mountain fun and frivolity. It was a beautiful day and busier than usual even for a Saturday. It later was discovered that Dolly herself was making one of her rare appearances there in a parade and everyone wanted to see East Tennessee's darling. As much as I love and admire her, I did not have the oomph to sit and crane my neck waiting to see a glimpse of blonde flashing by on a float. So instead we waited in line for two plus hours waiting to ride the newest roller coaster. Not my brightest idea, but it was a fun ride. The boy was lost at one point, well lost to me. He was fine as he found his sister in line at a ride and went with her. I then sat down and had a minor heart attack. Good times. Good times.

I just got them all to bed and am just getting my writing done by the midnight deadline I have set for myself each day. Let's hope I collapse into a heavy slumber quickly. Tomorrow is a very busy day. Our dear friend, Danny Howe, is speaking at church tomorrow on missions. I can't wait to see him. Can't wait. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment