Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Can one live in a world without interacting with, uh people?

I have officially hit my limit with people. It is the end of school and everyone is royally getting on everybody's nerves. Field Day numero dos was today. A mother of one of the boy's friends and I spent a good part sunscreening classmates, each one needing it done in a different pattern. "Spray my hands and I'll put it on my face!" or "Just spray me in the face like the police would!'. Really?!? Another mom and I had to solve some girl drama. The 87 degree heat with no shade messed with their minds a bit too much. They smelled weakness and jumped on a friend like a starved bunch of huskies. Tears came, sunscreen was sprayed, tempers were lost. Oh to be passionate and 7 again. All was forgiven when they received their purple ribbons and free water bottles. I felt the funk of 1000 layers of sunscreen, covered in sweat and pollen and baked in by the sun. Feeling that my very essence was enough to kill most mortals, I ran home and scrubbed my skin and hair, showering in what had to be record time and returned to school to await dismissal and the eventual release of my safety patrol in training. The office staff was impressed with my shower speed and turn around time. I was just glad to be clean and in a cool place. I dropped the boy off at the homestead with other grown ups, picked up the oldest and went to church for the last rehearsal before G's big night. It should be a fun show...always is. I'm ashamed to say that I am just ready for activities to be over so I can just be with my family and not have to rush. Not have to deal with people who are mean, who are grumpy, who are inconsiderate...or at least not on a consistent basis.

I need to go live in a shack with a bunch of dogs and an old percolator coffee pot plugged in near my hot plate cooking Beanie Weenies. I'll resemble an old shrunken apple headed doll who yells, "Get off my porch!". I am done with people for a while...or at least today. I just need some sleep and a new episode of The Goldbergs.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment