Friday, May 16, 2014

What is this weather?

I have never in my life seen such weather as this...in East Tennessee. Just got home from soccer practices and games with wind burn and frozen toes. Two other moms and I were bundled in long sleeves, pants, socks and shoes and snuggled up under a down blanket. We all took boiling hot showers and feel much better now. Tomorrow is the day in the regular soccer season and I would be lying if I didn't admit a little glee at getting my Saturdays back.

Tomorrow we have a very exciting event happening at our church: Stop Hunger Now. We plan to, in a four hour period, bag enough meals for 20,000 people. I am so excited that our community is going to be a part of ending the hunger epidemic in our world. People ages 4 to 104 can participate. I can't wait to tell you all about how it goes tomorrow.

For now, I am going to bed. It has been a heck of a week with end of the school activities and I am grateful for a warm bed and comfy pillows. Have a lovely evening!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment