Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bake sale dilemma

This weekend is our church's annual rummage sale. It is a big fundraiser for missions and a popular event for many people in the community. The youth group is having a bake sale and lots of the moms have been charged with providing the goods to be sold. I am a product of a perfectionist baker who makes beautiful and tasty treats with little to no effort, so a little of that has rubbed off on me. Also in a bake sale situation let's be serious, everybody wants to be the person whose treats are the first to be snatched up...not the sad bag of whatevers that are given away at the end of the sale. Maybe it is just my overly sensitive ego. Probably. Either way, I have scoured Pinterest to try and find exciting treats that I can uniquely package so they will fly off the table and into the hands of people needing sustinance whilst finding their personal treasures. When putting "Church Bake Sale" into Pinterest, I had no idea the amount of baked good that were too inappropriate to put in the bake sale. One in particular blew my mind. I mean, "Church Bake Sale" brings this up:



Forgive the less than polished graphic. My stylus went missing this week. But you get the idea. I am making lots of treats that get their start in a muffin tin and are filled with lots of good stuff. Hopefully they will make someone's tummy a little less grumbly and their blood sugar the appropriate level to help them shop all day and make lots of money for missions. You can go somewhere else for the thong cookies.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment