Sunday, May 4, 2014

On a mission

Today was Faith Promise Sunday at our church. It is a time when we look and take a step of faith that God will provide money above and beyond to go towards missions. Both traditional and contemporary services had speakers who are currently serving in the mission field in one way or another. Our dear friend and brother, Danny Howe, spoke in our service. I have counted him as my adopted brother/uncle since I was about 12. His message was powerful and convicting. I shed some tears, though not surprising. I'm a weeper. I have been so fortunate to grow up in a family where serving others has never been an option, but more a way of life. I say that not to be haughty at all. It just was what it was. I feel the call to missions in my soul, in my very bones. Hearing Danny speak just reignited that fire. He told several stories, one which turned out to be about my mother. I'll share that another time.

On a completely different note, G got "Player of the Game" for her team at her extra game today. It is a multilayered and difficult job both for the player and the mom. Haha. See how I made it all about me? Anyhoo, I was terribly proud. Now I am terribly tired. Bedtime is coming soon.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment