Monday, May 5, 2014

When I was her age...

So let me ask all three of you a wuestion: what kind of plans were you making for your summer after you graduated from the 7th grade? Me? I was deciding which camp to attend that summer, year 2 of horseback riding or rock climbing/rappelling camp. For the record, I chose the second but did not get to go as I was the only girl who signed up and they did not have a way to accomodate me. I'm not bitter. I probably was also deciding whether to work with the 3's or 4's at Bible School and if i wanted to take a model rocketry class for fun. All in all, pretty much a nothing kind of decision. My oldest is having to make heart wrenching decisions for a 12 year old. Which foreign language to take next year? Latin or French? She wants to be a doctor soshe thinks she should take Latin, but she is intrigued by French. Should she take an incredible opportunity to be a part of the high school marching band next year if it means missing out on her passion of doing mission work with those less fortunate? Interest vs practicality? Potential college scholarship track vs God? Truth be told, she was born with the seriousness of about a 47 year old. We will support her in her decisions, but require that the decisions be well researched and thought out. These are the times when I want to hold her like a little baby again and rock her and keep her in a bubble. These decisions will make her stronger...I know that. I just hate that she can't just be a kid for a little bit longer.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment