Friday, May 23, 2014

Sightings in the Wood of Dolly

Since the time we have with a pre-op Brian is coming to a close sooner rather than later this summer, we chose to take a day trip to Dollywood. Riding some rides, walking some miles, watching some people...what else does one do there? Well, eat, but we were there for a short visit not a "go into debt for a funnel cake" kind of visit. It was a good day. G conquered her fear and rode the newest coaster The Firechaser. I fear the poor gentleman and his son who were seated in front of us suffered severe hearing loss due to G's screams. At the conclusion of the ride(after I apologized profusely), he laughed, turned to G and said, "Wanna go ride it again?". The girls and I waited in the ride line about an hour. We got to watch and look at many interesting things. Parents half beating their children who have been pushed well beyond their physical thresholds of endurance. One mom left her child alone in the middle of a huge crowd when he lost his nerve about an attraction she wanted to ride. "I'm only SIX!!" he yelled. I have expressed to you my appreciation for the artistry and just plain coolness of some peoples' tattoos. There is some ink that is just absolutely gorgeous. And then there is some stuff that really has no description and is often discovered whilst waiting in a roller coaster line. Why would someone choose to have a huge Eddie Munster head put on your calf? Butch Patrick is kind of a jerk and Eddie was only cute for so long. On the same person there were duck footprints, flowers, a blue and a pink handprint on the back of the neck and, the most puzzling of all, a fancy wrapped gift box with a big bow on top and one muscular leg growing out of the side...just one. I don't get it. I want to, but I don't. I wanted to ask her the meaning, but she was too busy feeding her child tube after tube of that gel-like candy in a toothpaste sized tube. I kept waiting for the kid to puke a rainbow, but it was not to be.

Tomorrow is a soccer tournament. We'll hope that the activities of today do not hinder the skills of tomorrow. Until then, I will watch Hannibal and try not to be haunted by a one legged birthday present. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment