Sunday, November 10, 2013

Odd trip to "The Kroger"

Our leftovers ran out today. Sigh. After a shoddy night's sleep and work this morning, I was pretty darn tired and not wanting to cook. The hub called and asked if I could pick something up before S got out of choir. I could do that. A good activity to keep me awake for sure. The right before dinner crowd was hustling and bustling, trying to pick those last ingredients for dinner and lunch fixings for the week. Feeling the pull and trying to resist the allure of discounted Halloween candy, I went to the random grocery cart filled with candy and searched for Reese's peanut butter pumpkins. Others felt the attraction as well and were gathered in a large crowd around the cart. Okay I didn't need it, so I decided to move on...tried to but couldn't due to the crowds scavenging for candy. One man was talking to two managers, trying to get accurate prices on the discounted candy...a bag of assorted Mars Co. candy offerings and Hershey bars. Someone tried to get the man to take a box of Brach's brand Turtles. He put his hands up in protest. "No, man. I stay away from those things. They are like heroin. I lived in the 60's and I would know." The two employees laughed nervously. "No, kids. I REALLY know." He moved on with his two big bags of candy leaving the two employees with priceless faces. So, candy lovers, stay away from the Turtles. You have been warned.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment