Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nefarious use of meds

I am writing this late after having had a crazy day and ending it with a nice conversation with my father. My oldest came home early from school, complaining of a sore throat and sinus issues. I was praying that strep was not striking again. I have kind of hit my limit of Purell and Lysol this week. While she was draped on a sheet on our bed, I was frantically trying to finish work on baby doll "D" so she could be reunited with her little girl this evening. I ended up giving her a skirt to help keep her legs from falling off:



I also gave her a bonus accessory if her owner wanted to dress her up a bit:



A little rag ballet skirt. D's owner was just happy to have her back. I think the moms enjoyed the skirt. I was just relieved that her stay at the hospital and her treatment was little girl and mother approved.

The hub took S to th NP to get some relief from her health issue. I was guessing sinus infection...and I was right. No strep, thank goodness. Upon her insistence, the hub, against his better judgement, let her get the pill version of antibiotic. This pill was the size of her pinky and, for someone who could barely swallow a pill the size of a Tic Tac, she had a horrible time swallowing it. Words were exchanged between parents and child and a call to the pharmacy was made. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the liquid version of her antibiotic without a new prescription. I offered to return the tablet meds with no expectation of reimbursement and pay the agreed upon amount for liquid, but no dice. If she continues to have issues with the tablets, they may try to talk to the NP tomorrow and see if they would write a new script. "You see, m'am, you would be in possession of double antibiotics." Um, what does that mean? I have never been accused of nefarious use of Augmentin, but there's a first time for everything.

Hopefully everyone is sleeping well, S with her crushed up antibiotics in her gullet and the little girl reunited with her baby doll "D". I will hopefully have sweet dreams of my apparent misuse of anti-sinus infection meds. Whatever. Night all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment