Friday, November 8, 2013

Guest Blog Post

Yes, the hub has been entrusted to post to the blog... What shall I write about:

1. The two trips to Home Depot
2. The trip to the barber shop
3. The plumbing job gone awry
4. The food delivery to Jenny's Uncle D
5. The unplanned conference calls for work.

I guess the day didn't go as planned for me. The barber was an angry man... He had planned a weekend away, but his help didn't show up. I sure hope he didn't take out his frustration on the back of my head. I was a little concerned that my head is going to have the inverse trucker mullet like Jenny's Uncle D after neck surgery. Speaking of Uncle D, he seems to be doing fine for a "Miracle Man." I was the driver and Pops made the drop off of food goodies. Uncle D came out to say hello to the driver. I was impressed!

Home Depot trip one: After working on the downstrairs bathroom, I thought I had discovered the way to get water back to the upstairs bathroom. We went to Home Depot. I thought... now is the time to buy the shower set, but i had questions. I sent my trusted accomplice to find someone. He seemed to disappear for about 5 minutes and I saw him walk by saying, I am still looking. He found someone to help. As she approached, she handed me a pad of paper and said hello in a different tone than I was used to hearing. It wasn't East Tennessee, she was a person who was deaf. I took a deep breathe and remembered working with someone from the deaf community. We went back and forth several times on the notepad and she ended up ripping open the box. I got the answer I needed and away we went.

Got home and started working on the plumbing and then realized I had a conference call at 1. I listened for a while and eventually the call stopped and I could go back to focusing on plumbing. I cut the copper pipe, spliced PEX with a fancy coupler and ran down to turn the water on. I turn the water on and went to check the toilet. No water... CRUD... I studied it for a while and then it was time to pick up the kids from school. Fortunately, G's tutor had to cancel so I had more time to focus on plumbing. I went back to workon the plumbing with G and F as helpers... as in, It would be a great help if you stayed out of the way. The accomplice went off and picked up Sarah. I started to tear into the wall with the plumbing. TIle and plaster everywhere, the accomplice appeared and started vacuuming and carrying stuff out. I then discovered the problem. There was another pipe hidden. It wasn't going to be easy, unless I went back for trip 2 to the Depot (or the Home Despot as a former boss used to call it).

I got the parts together and standing in the aisle, I ordered Pizza for the kids to be delivered. I continued to shop and planned out the remainder of the plumbing for the day. Pizza was waiting as I returned from the Despot. I think I turned on my stomach vacuum and inhaled. I then went about plumbing... With a few gentle reminders to WRITE the GUEST Blog post.... I got both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms functioning again. A shower is calling my name, and then I looked up to see G reading the Christmas Lists that J had called me about earlier.

It's another day in paradise... I have great respect that J gets as much done as she does around the house. Juggling 3 kids, their schedules, their cares and their fears is not easy basis on a day in and day out basis.

I truly LOVE my wife. She blesses me everyday.

Goodnight all!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Well Done!! Both the post & the contracting work. Seriously impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep the hub around. It is he who blesses me!

    ReplyDelete