Sunday, November 17, 2013

Out of the mouths of babes...

It has been a super busy day. Sundays usually are, but today was a little bit extra busy with lots of rain added in for extra fun. Soggy, cool and busy. Not a great way to spend the day, but oh well. I also just realized that I had gone through the whole day with my ringer off, so for the two people who tried to get in touch with me, I am sorry. I always turn it off while I am working in church so as to not disturb service or a Sunday School class. Just one of those things. The hub and S were having "Dam Day #2" in the basement. As soon as I arrived home from work, I was sent back out for glue sticks and paint. When I arrived home with the specified items, I found G splayed out on the couch conked out, the boy nursing a sore thumb and S covered head to toe in papier mache' goo. She got cleaned up so we could go to visit our friend MC at the funeral home. Her sweet father passed away rather suddenly last week and we wanted to check on her, her daughter and family. She is S's dance teacher and our good friend and we are so sorry for her loss. We left from there for S to go to handbells and choir, leaving to go home just when the rain picked up to that of a mini monsoon. We arrived home to find the hub had prepared a nice meal for a rainy day including nice warm soup. The kids requested mugs to drink their soup today and asked me to pick them out one. Digging into the back of the cabinet, I pulled out a blast from the past that I really thought had broken and been tossed years earlier:



The boy looked at it and said, "That's before she started doing that 'twerking' thing right?". I was horrified, but said yes. I felt better when he then asked what "twerking" was. I never got to explain to him what it was because he suddenly said, "Can we throw that thing away? She's not for this house anymore." After that it became a sort of drawing of straws situation to see who would get stuck with the thing. Sorry, Miley. The recipient was not pleased.

Not a very exciting post tonight. I feel like I need to go to sleep very soon. The threat of thunder tonight may bring one of the kids in to visit in the night. We need to get a head start on sleep. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment