Saturday, November 16, 2013

Dam day

This is blog post attempt number two. My Blogger app crashed and deleted three lovely, and somewhat humorous, paragraphs, never to be retrieved. It is funny how my previous attempt at a post talked about how I try very hard not to use profanity in front of my children, and I should attempt to not use it ever...and when my writing got deleted, well, some words were said. Luckily the children had retired to their rooms upstairs and their sweet, sensitive ears were spared the "foul filth filth and fouly filth foul" that escaped from my lips. It is certainly no excuse, but I am pretty tired. S had to make a model of a hydroelectric dam as part of a major school project, so she and the hub have worked and toiled on it all day. Words have been exchanged. Dam words. I chose to save myself and went outside to move the mass of leaves from the back to the front gulley, while the boy "peeled" sticks to turn them into "real wood" for his father. After moving several tarps full to the front, I went inside with the boy, sent him to Home Depot with his dad and sister and started walking G through baking some pumpkin muffins for our neighbor who was injured in a cycling accident. G is quite a little baker and immediately took over with only minimal instruction:



Sorry for the messy kitchen. It had dam stuff all over it. The muffins were baked and delivered along with the super leaf blower. We visited with our sweet buddies, A and CR, played show and tell with their new boot purchases and arrived back home in time for the Depot-ers' return. They got to the dam building project:



Before you cast judgement on cleanliness, they were in the hub's workshop in the basement. The massive lathe is right next to S. Behind them is our Christmas decoration shelf. Anyhoo...they did that so I then took the youngers outside to play in the front yard while I raked leaves out of the flower beds. S soon cale out for a break while the dam project dried in the oven. A sibling fight broke out, so the two youngers went to the back and S and I played soccer in the front yard. The across the street neighbors blew leaves with the massive blower. S kicks the ball to me...I trap it and try to do something I have done a thousand times before. Time 1001 was a massive fail as I learned that I am not destined to play soccer in Doc Martin boot, caught my foot on the flat ball, had my legs fly up in the air and busted my hump in front of the whole neighborhood. S had a split second look of horror which quickly turned into crying laughter. I did the same and popped right back up, noting that my hip and shoulder were screaming a bit. I have already informed the hub that he will truly have to kick me out of the bed tomorrow.

The bulk of the dam project is done. The kids are in bed and the hub has had his Saturday night bowl of ice cream. I am going to enjoy a cocktail of motrin and Airborne and hit the hay...if I can drag my sorry self up the stairs.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment