Saturday, November 9, 2013

I may never walk again

My mother and I have just returned from an overnight trip to the land that Dolly built, Pigeon Forge. While I tend to avoid this place ten months out of the year, there are a few times I do find myself there. Field trips to the aquarium that is actually in Gatlinburg and Christmas/school shopping. Now, for those of you who have not met me or who have only read this blog a few times, I am not a shopper. I am not the stereotypical female portrayed by Hollywood who shops til she drops, whipping out the credit card in a flash and burning through piles of cash she doesn't have. Even on a girls weekend several years ago where we got a cabin and shopped, I petered out after two hours. I have the stamina, but lack the patience. Starting at about 10am yesterday we shopped until 3pm, checked into our hotel, turned around and got dinner and shopped until 9. We got up, ate breakfast, started shopping at 9am and shopped until we arrived back to the ranch at 7pm. By the time we were at the mall trying desperately to find boots for G, we ran into one of my coworkers who saw us and, in our frazzled and exhausted state, probably questioned how sound my mind was for working with children. I was about one more "Would you like a massage, lady?" from cracking. And while we are on that subject, I would love to have a massage after shopping like we did. That would be Heaven, I think. Never had one. But I cannot fathom having a massage in front of the Hollister and Pottery Barn stores while 7,000 of my closest friends stared, thinking only of that infamous Modern Family episode.

I will be working tomorrow, walking the halls of the preschool wing and checking on little people. If I am limping like a cripple, there is a reason. Pity me and move on...words are not necessary. And I may cry.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment