Saturday, November 2, 2013

How bazaar, how bazaar

Our church had their every other year bazaar today. I feel guilty, because I didn't make anything for it this year. I truly just ran out of time. Instead, the boy and I made a trip down there to spend some money and support missions. He made out like a bandit. Got a little Lego set, a book on drawing whales and sharks and some chocolate-peanut butter fudge. I stupidly picked up a very unique old pitcher, put it down to think about it and had a lady swipe it. Newman. I really wanted that thing. Oh well. Afterwards, we made runs to Home Depot for the Kids' Workshop and a "bagsy". The boy enjoyed constructing a boat:



After a quick birthday present purchase at Target, we returned to the ranch. The boy was to make a birthday card and then construct his Lego set. I set to fill the bagsy with tile removed from the bathroom and then blow the leaves in the front yard. At one point, a nice Acura SUV drove slowly by the house. He waved, smiled and gave me a thumbs up. The wife, I assume, shot me a death look and gave me a thumbs down. This has happened before and for two reasons. (1)The husband has admired the leaf blower we have. It is about a good 15 years older than I am easily but just like a full force gale(nod to Van Morrison) on wheels. It will put a hurt on some yard leaves. (2) I enjoy doing yard work for the most part. I like to mow and get the leaves off the grass and ready to be sucked up by the giant trucks. Apparently in my neck of the woods, wives don't like to do the leaf blowing so much as maybe the husbands want them to and this is a picture to show the wives that they can indeed do the lawn. Two things more. (1)You cannot have our blower and (2)I am not the poster wife for yard work and the role it plays in marital strife. I have a husband with a horrible back problem. This is something I can do for him.

After the yard work came the house cleaning. I listened to music that was designed to help me work and annoy my children all at the same time. A little bonus tohelp me whistle while i work, so to speak. I folded clothes and put away easily 25 pairs of socks and 35 pairs of underwear. I know that is a lot. Just know I lost the game of chicken with my family as to who would put the clean laundry away first. Apparently they could be carpetbaggers indefinitely. I could not. Oh well. They are now safely tucked into bed, the boy grinding his teeth and G is coughing a lot with allergies. Looks like it's gonna be a vap-o-rub on the feet kind of night. Great.

One last thing. I have gotten an unusual amount of hits to this blog in the last few days. While I hoped it was because of my witty anecdotes, I knew better. There is apparently a woman with my same name who is battling breast cancer in the, what I would call, northern midwest. Her friends have set up a site to raise funds for her surgery and treatment. As I have stated before, breast cancer hits very close to my heart. Two of my aunts, several friends and acquaintances are survivors and a couple friends of mine received their complete healing, but not here on Earth with us. I hope you'll add this Jennifer Cook to your prayers. Good night, all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment