Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My child sounds like Edith Ann

Does it date me to talk about Edith Ann? Heck yes, it does. Anyone who grew up with me knows exactly who she is:



She was this kind of annoying llittle girl Lily Tomlin created who sounded like she was completely congested. While S is not an annoying child, she woke up this morning sounding identical to Tomlin's child in the oversized rocking chair. Poor thing. One of the hazards of mono comes in the form of a sore throat, which she has. I think the excruciting sinus issue is an extra added bonus. Loaded with mucinex and throat lozenges, she powered through the morning. She had a visitor who came and read to her and told her stories. A welcome change and sight for sure. She even got crazy and spent some time outside just sitting and drawing with chalk. Fever returned this afternoon, followed by another period of outside chalk drawing which involved listing the entire family geneology as far as she knew. Whatever gets you through the mono, kid. Tomorrow we will lather rinse repeat with the GI doc, so hopefully there will be improvements.

Side note, backyard cleanup and Operation:Get Ready for Summer has commenced. My mom and the boy cleaned our Little Tikes playhouse and our Fisher Price tree house to sell or regift. My brother told of this phenomenon on Craig's List called "Curb Alert", indicating that you had put listed items on the curb of your dwelling for first come first serve pickup. This sounded very exciting to me. As previously noted in past posts, I have gone trash diving more than once and have no room to judge. I have also told stories with pictures of passersby who somehow bungeed our discarded grill on the back of their Taurus. So you can imagine my excitement at the thought of seeing someone trying to strap a 6.5 foot hard plastic tree house on the top of their Altima or something like that. It was an exciting thought. Our excitement was short-lived when the hub sent pictures of the items to friends who were interested. We shall delay our people watching for another day. That's alright. Tonight I will watch my favorite crab fishermen and put my feet up. We have plenty of days for curb alerts...and I can't wait!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment